RDS, THIS WEEKEND NOVEMBER 28th
TO DECEMBER 1st 2019
Taste of Dublin: Festive Edition inspired by Tesco Finest* launched today, November 28th, in the RDS. Taking place on the next four days over six sessions, Taste of Dublin: Festive Edition is Ireland’s ultimate winter food festival. This weekend sees the RDS transform into a winter celebration of food, entertainment and so much more!
Over the course of the weekend, you will see some of Ireland’s most respected and admired culinary talent preparing festive fayre that will wow you. Not only will you see and hear them, you will get their top tips and tricks helping to make this your easiest Christmas cooking season yet.
The RDS will be an indoor festive feast for the senses where visitors can soak up the gourmet atmosphere, celebrate the season and explore the latest food trends for Christmas 2019 in a stylish and cosy setting. Taste of Dublin: Festive Edition is brought to you by the team behind the popular Taste of Dublin summer festival that has taken place in the city for the past 14 years.
Fifteen of Ireland’s top restaurants and food experiences will be transported to this winter wonderland, serving up a selection of over 50 dishes to choose from. A packed line up of cooking demos, drinks masterclasses and live entertainment make this the ideal way to kick off the holiday season.
Tasty advice from some of our Chefs for Christmas
- East Coast Cookery School’s Tara Walker shared her “Top items to make ahead of the big day”:
- Ham – Cook the evening before
- Stuffing – Freeze ahead of time
- Gravy – Make the base, freeze and add the juices of the meat on the day.
- Potatoes & Vegetables – Peel & chop and leave in water the day before or leave covered with damp kitchen roll depending on the vegetable.
- Soup – Make ahead and freeze depending on the type of soup
- Chef Shane Smyth advises “Buy Irish & local. Don’t feel guilty if you want to buy edible decorations or components of your dessert. If the ingredients you buy are great, the end product should be great.”
- Culinary artist Erica Drum says “Make the trusty dishes/recipes you know and love. Think simple yet flavoursome dishes, doesn’t need to be overly fussy”
- Vegan food blogger Holly White suggests “Make your own gravy – I have a recipe on my site for a lovely one – it livens everything up. Go with the flow and know that good company is nourishing on so many levels!”
The incredible line up at The DID Electrical Chef’s Theatre over the weekend includes:
Adrian Martin, JR Ryall, Rory O’Connell, Shane Smith, Nicola Curran, Rachel Allen, Brian McDermott, Patrick Ryan, Erica Drum, Sharon Hearne Smith, Paul Kelly, Jeeny Maltese, Aoife Noonan, Edward Hayden, Mark Moriarty, Graham Herterich, Holly White, Lizzy Lyons, Ciara Brennan, Alberto Rossi, Karan Mittal, Jack O’Keeffe & Ludovic Lantier.
Festive Masterclasses in association with Regina Wish include:
Vegan Christmas, The Ultimate Christmas Dinner, Festive Party Food, Festive Cocktail Making, Easy Entertaining, Sweet Treats, Sourdough Making, Butchery, Tablescaping, Winefullness, Wreath Making, Reducing Waste at Home
Plus there is more at Taste of Dublin: Festive Edition:
Festive Marketplace featuring Ireland’s best artisan producers and brands. Wine & Beer tastings, Live Festive Entertainment
Tickets from €15 (booking fee not included) available from the box office.
Taste Opening Hours
Thursday 28th November: 5:30 – 10.30pm
Friday 29th November: 12 – 4pm / 5:30 – 10.30pm
Saturday 30th November: 12 – 4pm / 5:30 – 10.30pm
Sunday 1st December: 12 – 6pm
Notes to Editors:Photos: Photos are available here. Any photos used must include the copyright note “Copyright Fanatic Creative at Taste of London, The Festive Edition”.
About Taste Festivals: For 14 years, Taste of Dublin festival has played a vital role in progressing Dublin’s food revolution, showcasing the range of eclectic restaurants, producers and chefs that make up the city’s vibrant culinary scene.
Taste of Dublin has truly contributed to the city’s flourishing food scene. Through one to one Q&A’s, live interactive cooking demos with Michelin-starred chefs, taster plates from a melting pot of cuisines and boutique food and drink stalls hosted by artisan producers – this festival is a one-stop-shop for all foodie fanatics looking to excite their taste buds.
About Equinox Events: Since the 1990s, the team behind Equinox Events have been responsible for some of Ireland’s most exciting large-scale public consumer and private corporate events. They are the driving force behind the hugely successful Taste of Dublin, now in its 14th year; the brand new Thrive Festival in The Convention Centre Dublin and Taste of Dublin: Festive Edition in the RDS.